Christie in Translation: Your Experiences
- Tuesday Night Bloggers: A is for April… and Anything Goes: What makes a good Aristocratic Sleuth?
- The Case of the Mahjong Dragon and Other Russell Holmes Stories (2015) by James McEwan
- The Adventuress (1917) by Arthur B Reeve
- In Honour of her Birthday: Gladys Mitchell, 116 Today!
- X v. Rex (1933) by Philip Macdonald
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Mexico
It has been quite a while since I last read a novel by Todd Downing, so I was definitely looking forward to today’s read, which is the third mystery novel of seven in Downing’s Hugh Rennert series. Rennert is a … Continue reading
This is my second experience of reading Frances Crane’s work, as last month I reviewed the second novel in the series, The Golden Box (1942). The Turquoise Shop (1941) is the first book in the series (why I read them … Continue reading
Source: Review Copy This is the second novel I have read by Todd Downing, the other being Murder on Tour (1933) and both feature series’ sleuth US customs agent Hugh Rennert. The Cat Screams (1934) is set in the town … Continue reading
Source: Review Copy I was excited to read this book, having never heard of Todd Downing until I received this book from Coachwhip Publications. He was an American writer and university teacher born in Oklahoma and began his career in … Continue reading