Earlier this week as part of the Tuesday Night Bloggers’ month long look at Children in Crime, I posed a quiz to see how well you remember the offspring of some of our favourite fictional sleuths. If you haven’t already had a go click here.
If you’ve tested your wits and got your fingers crossed you’ve got them right then take a look below to see how many you guessed correctly:
- Tommy and Tuppence Beresford – Deborah, Betty and Derek
- Amanda and Albert Campion – Rupert
- Harriet Vane and Lord Peter Wimsey – Bredon, Paul and Roger
- Agatha Troy and Inspector Alleyn – Ricky
- Judith Raven and Sir John Appleby – Bobby
- Maggie and John Brynes – Tony
- Superintendent Battle – Sylvia and 4 unnamed other siblings.
- Inspector Wexford – Sheila and Sylvia
- Martin Beck – Ingrid and Rolf
- Inspector Ghote – Ved
- Sir Henry Merrivale – 2 unnamed daughters
- Lady Lupin – Peter and Jill
And the answer to the bonus question, Betty, who is the only child from the list who was adopted.